Course: “PRECISION FARMING MANAGER”
This course of higher technical education is focused on the agricultural sector, in particular on precision farming; it is a 2-year course that lasts 2000 hours organized as follows:
- 1000 learning hours (500 during the 1st year and 500 during the 2nd year) including theoretical lessons, laboratory activities and seminars with industry experts; lectures will be held mainly in Cremona at the “Seminario Vescovile”.
- 1000 hours of traineeship (half of them during the 1st year and the other half during the 2nd year) carried out in prestigious SMEs or large companies of the sector.
Access to courses is reserved to young people holding an upper secondary education certificate.
At the end of the course, after passing a final assessment of competencies and skills, students will receive the so-called “DIPLOMA DI TECNICO SUPERIORE PER LA GESTIONE DELL’AMBIENTE AGRO-ALIMENTARE”, an Advanced Technician Diploma as “ADVANCED TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF AGRI-FOOD ENVIRONMENT” corresponding to the EQF level 5, which is recognized by the Ministry of Education and effective at the National and European level.
According to their attendance, students will receive other certifications of competencies related to the regional framework of professional standards of Lombardy Region, to the health and safety legislation in the workplace regulations and they will acquire the license for the use of phytosanitary products and the licence for the use of agricultural machines and tractors.
Our Advanced Technician is able to:
- Develop, sell, install and do maintenance of 4.0 agricultural systems;
- Use agricultural machines and livestock systems related to precision farming;
- Use GIS Systems and drones in agriculture;
- Manage big agricultural data;
- Define economic and environmental impacts of precision farming.